Caldwell Growth Opportunities Trust
Wherever a functional advantage exists, the Fund will seek to capitalize on it.
The investment strategies that the Fund will use to achieve its investment objective will include:
- Acquiring interests in memberships and seats on private securities exchanges globally
- Acquiring the common and special shares of public and non-public securities exchanges
- Identifying and acquiring securities of companies that appear attractive based on valuation
- Participating in private placements by companies that have publicly traded securities
- Purchasing securities on unlisted companies and other illiquid entities
- Acquiring royalty interests 1020
- Investing in equity securities or equity-related securities including common shares and preferred shares and to a lesser extent in other kinds of securities, including units and warrants, and writing or acquiring put and call options or acquiring futures contracts and commodities
- Investing in issuers trading at a discount due to temporary events caused by market reactions to negative news
- Investing by way of short sale opportunities in companies with deteriorating financial conditions, negative surprises and unattractive valuations.