The Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund (“CVM”) employs a rigorous and repeatable investment process based on the combination of quantitative discovery and traditional, bottom-up fundamental analysis. The end result is a portfolio containing the best attributes of value and momentum.
- Concentrated, high-conviction portfolio targeting 15-25 stocks that are vastly different from traditional Canadian Equity funds, which predominately employ large-cap strategies that closely track the Index.
- Series A performance over the previous five-year period ending March 31, 2021 ranks in the top 15% among all Funds in the CIFSC Canadian equity category.
- Series F: top decile performance over the previous five-year period ending March 31, 2021.
- Portfolio has historically emphasized small and mid-cap companies that may be overlooked or not accessible to larger mandates.
- Seeks to capitalize on investment opportunities offering the most attractive risk-adjusted return potential, regardless of market cap and industry categorization.
- Benchmark and style agnostic - the fund invests across the market-cap spectrum.
- Positioned to invest in companies that may be overlooked or not accessible to larger mandates.
The Refinitiv Lipper Fund Awards, granted annually, highlight funds and fund companies that have excelled in delivering consistently strong risk-adjusted performance relative to their peers. The Refinitiv Lipper Fund Awards are based on the Lipper Leader for Consistent Return rating, which is a risk-adjusted performance measure calculated over 36, 60 and 120 months. The fund with the highest Lipper Leader for Consistent Return (Effective Return) value in each eligible classification wins the Refinitiv Lipper Fund Award. For more information, see lipperfundawards.com Although Refinitiv Lipper makes reasonable efforts to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Refinitiv Lipper. The Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund CVM in the Canadian Equity Category for the 5-year period (out of a total of 74 funds) ending 7/31/2020 with corresponding Lipper Leader ratings of 4 (3 years) and 5 (5 years).
FundGrade A+® is used with permission from Fundata Canada Inc., all rights reserved. The annual FundGrade A+® Awards are presented by Fundata Canada Inc. to recognize the “best of the best” among Canadian investment funds. The FundGrade A+® calculation is supplemental to the monthly FundGrade ratings and is calculated at the end of each calendar year. The FundGrade rating system evaluates funds based on their risk-adjusted performance, measured by Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio, and Information Ratio. The score for each ratio is calculated individually, covering all time periods from 2 to 10 years. The scores are then weighted equally in calculating a monthly FundGrade. The top 10% of funds earn an A Grade; the next 20% of funds earn a B Grade; the next 40% of funds earn a C Grade; the next 20% of funds receive a D Grade; and the lowest 10% of funds receive an E Grade. To be eligible, a fund must have received a FundGrade rating every month in the previous year. The FundGrade A+® uses a GPA-style calculation, where each monthly FundGrade from “A” to “E” receives a score from 4 to 0, respectively. A fund’s average score for the year determines its GPA. Any fund with a GPA of 3.5 or greater is awarded a FundGrade A+® Award. For more information, see www.FundGradeAwards.com. Although Fundata makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Fundata.