The Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund (“CCVMF”) employs a rigorous and repeatable investment process based on the combination of quantitative discovery and traditional, bottom-up fundamental analysis. The end result is a portfolio containing the best attributes of value and momentum.
- Concentrated, high-conviction portfolio targeting 15-25 stocks that are vastly different from traditional Canadian Equity funds, which predominately employ large-cap strategies that closely track the Index.
- Series A performance ranks in the top quartile of all Canadian equity mutual funds over the past three years and top 1% over the past five years.
- Series F performance ranks in the top decile of all Canadian equity mutual funds over the past three years and top 1% over the past five years.
- Portfolio has historically emphasized small and mid-cap companies undergoing a positive re-rating by the market.
- Seeks to capitalize on investment opportunities offering the most attractive risk-adjusted return potential, regardless of market cap and industry categorization.
- Benchmark and style agnostic - the fund invests across the market-cap spectrum.
- Positioned to invest in companies that may be overlooked or not accessible to larger mandates.
The Lipper Fund Awards are based on the Lipper Leader for Consistent Return rating, which is a risk-adjusted performance measure calculated over 36, 60 and 120 months. Lipper Leaders fund ratings do not constitute and are not intended to constitute investment advice or an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy any security of any entity in any jurisdiction. For more information, see lipperfundawards.com. Lipper Leader ratings change monthly. Lipper Fund Awards from Refinitiv, ©2019 Refinitiv. All rights reserved. Used under license. The Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund (”CCVMF”) in the Canadian Equity Category for the 5-year period (out of a total of 69 funds) ending July 31, 2019. Lipper Leader ratings of 5 (3 years) and 5 (5 years). See highlight sheet for the Fund's performance.
FundGrade A+® is used with permission from Fundata Canada Inc., all rights reserved. The annual FundGrade A+® Awards are presented by Fundata Canada Inc. to recognize the “best of the best” among Canadian investment funds. The FundGrade A+® calculation is supplemental to the monthly FundGrade ratings and is calculated at the end of each calendar year. The FundGrade rating system evaluates funds based on their risk-adjusted performance, measured by Sharpe Ratio, Sortino Ratio, and Information Ratio. The score for each ratio is calculated individually, covering all time periods from 2 to 10 years. The scores are then weighted equally in calculating a monthly FundGrade. The top 10% of funds earn an A Grade; the next 20% of funds earn a B Grade; the next 40% of funds earn a C Grade; the next 20% of funds receive a D Grade; and the lowest 10% of funds receive an E Grade. To be eligible, a fund must have received a FundGrade rating every month in the previous year. The FundGrade A+® uses a GPA-style calculation, where each monthly FundGrade from “A” to “E” receives a score from 4 to 0, respectively. A fund’s average score for the year determines its GPA. Any fund with a GPA of 3.5 or greater is awarded a FundGrade A+® Award. For more information, see www.FundGradeAwards.com. Although Fundata makes every effort to ensure the accuracy and reliability of the data contained herein, the accuracy is not guaranteed by Fundata.