Caldwell Investment Management Ltd. is committed to the principles of employment equity and diversity. We are dedicated to removing barriers in the recruitment and selection processes. We encourage members of equity seeking groups, including people with disabilities, to apply. Should you require accommodation, we will take into account your accessibility requirements. If we call you for an interview or any selection process, please notify us about your accommodation needs.
Caldwell Investment Management (“CIM”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caldwell Financial Ltd. and is a member of the Caldwell group of companies (“Caldwell”). Established in 1980, Caldwell provides full-service investment management, advisory and custodial services to individual and institutional investors and has assets under management and administration.
CIM employs bottom-up investment processes to manage concentrated, high active share portfolios that seek to generate meaningful alpha over market indices. The team is currently responsible for three North American equity mandates:
- a U.S. dividend growth strategy that seeks quality compounders that demonstrate the capital allocation discipline associated with long term dividend growth;
- a factor-based Canadian equity strategy with an active overlay that capitalizes on re-rating opportunities within the Canadian market.
- an unconstrained, opportunistic strategy that invests across both Canada and the U.S
The successful candidate will be a key member of the portfolio management team, working closely alongside portfolio managers to execute investment processes, and with the sales and marketing teams to help drive asset growth.
Research & Portfolio Management:
Assist the portfolio manager in all aspects of the investment process, including screening, due diligence, and monitoring. This includes:
- creating, running and updating screens,
- gathering background information on potential investments,
- creating and updating models,
- participating in due diligence and earnings calls
- providing input into buy/sell decisions.
Participate in business development functions, including:
- client reviews and due diligence calls
- investment seminars and presentations
- media appearances
- assisting sales and marketing with certain reporting
Minimum 3-5 years working for a successful portfolio management team
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA Designation)
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Commerce preferred
- Proficiency in modeling, financial analysis and business valuation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of success
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency in Capital IQ and Bloomberg a plus
What We Offer:
- A comprehensive total rewards program including competitive base pay, bonus opportunities and group benefits
- A progressive and high-performing team environment
- On-going mentoring and coaching
Join Caldwell and be part of our highly engaged and growing team, where employees:
- reach their full potential,
- consistently deliver high-quality client experiences; and
- produce significant results.
As an essential business, Caldwell is practicing “physical distancing measures” related to COVID-19, with required staff working on premises.
Caldwell is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent