Senior Equity Analyst
Caldwell Investment Management (“CIM”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Caldwell Financial Ltd. and is a member of the Caldwell group of companies (“Caldwell”). Established in 1980, Caldwell provides full-service investment management, advisory and custodial services to individual and institutional investors and has assets under management and administration.
CIM employs bottom-up investment processes to manage concentrated, high active share portfolios that seek to generate meaningful alpha over market indices. The team is currently responsible for three North American equity mandates:
- a U.S. dividend growth strategy that seeks quality compounders that demonstrate the capital allocation discipline associated with long term dividend growth;
- a factor-based Canadian equity strategy with an active overlay that capitalizes on re-rating opportunities within the Canadian market.
- an unconstrained, opportunistic strategy that invests across both Canada and the U.S
The successful candidate will be a key member of the portfolio management team, working closely alongside portfolio managers to execute investment processes, and with the sales and marketing teams to help drive asset growth.
Research & Portfolio Management:
Assist the portfolio manager in all aspects of the investment process, including screening, due diligence, and monitoring. This includes:
- creating, running and updating screens,
- gathering background information on potential investments,
- creating and updating models,
- participating in due diligence and earnings calls
- providing input into buy/sell decisions.
Participate in business development functions, including:
- client reviews and due diligence calls
- investment seminars and presentations
- media appearances
- assisting sales and marketing with certain reporting
Minimum 3-5 years working for a successful portfolio management team
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA Designation)
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or Commerce preferred
- Proficiency in modeling, financial analysis and business valuation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A track record of success
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- Proficiency in Capital IQ and Bloomberg a plus
What We Offer:
- A comprehensive total rewards program including competitive base pay, bonus opportunities and group benefits
- A progressive and high-performing team environment
- On-going mentoring and coaching
Join Caldwell and be part of our highly engaged and growing team, where employees:
- reach their full potential,
- consistently deliver high-quality client experiences; and
- produce significant results.
As an essential business, Caldwell is practicing “physical distancing measures” related to COVID-19, with required staff working on premises.
Caldwell is an equal opportunity employer.
To apply for this position, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
No telephone inquiries please.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent