Tactical Sovereign Bond Fund employs a unique and proven investment strategy designed to capitalize on anticipated interest rate changes and yield curve shifts within the Canadian and U.S. fixed income market. It strategically manages duration and currency in a portfolio that provides exposure to government-guaranteed bonds and treasury bills.
- Government guaranteed securities underlying the portfolio.
- Seeks to identify and exploit inefficiencies and temporary imbalances in the fixed income market, allowing the manager to take advantage of shorter-term cycles within a broader thematic trend.
- The Fund benefits from the manager’s ability to tactically reposition the portfolio in anticipation of changing market dynamics.
- No constraints on the duration of the Fund’s portfolio.
- Active currency management – ability to recognize and benefit from interest rate differentials within the U.S. and Canadian currency markets.
- Ability to temporarily invest 100% of the portfolio in cash to protect against significant projected market declines.
Mr. Chin assumed responsibility for managing the Tactical Sovereign Bond Fund (Caldwell Income Fund until August 2018) in November 2015. Following which, he repositioned the Fund's portfolio to invest in Government bonds, rather than a balance of equities and fixed income securities. He also initiated the launch of the Fund's Series F units (formerly Series I) in July 2016.